Friday, July 27, 2012

I beg your pardon...

...but I came across a rose garden - actually, it was the Kelleher Rose Garden, which is in the fens, and I found it on my way to the Museum of Fine Arts on Sunday.  I've never seen such a collection of roses, it was really beautiful.  All of these shots were taken with my iPhone, and it was a super-sunny day, so they aren't very good, but I had to share.








The fens are marshes, I guess, here in the middle of Boston. They must be part of the watershed for the Charles River.  I saw this bird in the fens, which I am not familiar with, but it must be some kind of water fowl.  Unfortunately, I did not have my Rebel with me, or my Olympus, just my iPhone, so I couldn't really zoom in and get a clear shot of him.  I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but he's pretty big.  He almost looks like a black heron... definitely bigger than any of the geese that were hanging around that day.


I have so many other photos, I can't keep up with them.  Here are some pictures from inside the old South Church on Boylston Street, where I went last night for an AA meeting:




We don't meet in the main chapel, but I had to peak in... I love all the stained glass.  And here are some buildings I noticed along the mile and half walk between my dorm and the church:

This is a long row of apartment buildings, I think. I just love the repetition.  You see this all over town.

The traffic at the intersection of Massachusetts Avenue and Commonwealth Avenue - but I took the picture for that brick building on the corner.  I love all the chimneys.

The balcony is like a little sunroom, and I love the medallions over the third-story windiws and the ornate trim around the doors and windows...

That's all for now.  I still have some pictures from my afternoon with Paul and Cristiano on Saturday, which I will have to upload tomorrow.  I'm sorry I'm not being vigilant about chronology, but there are just so many pictures and so little time to share them with all three of you that read this! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe next time you are in town, I can take you and MG to the rose garden in Schenectady. It is close to Mike's house, so we go there quite a bit. Ginny B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know that lament so well... So many pictures and so little time... Nice to hear someone besides me uttering it :-)
    MG

    ReplyDelete