Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A serious moment...

Here's a sign that gives me pause every time I pass it, mostly because it is constantly being updated:

This digital counter is situated on the back of Fenway Park. There are several billboards to the left of it listing facts about gun violence and children, such as the fact that a child is killed by a gun every 3 hours in America. This is what the sign said as I was walking by it on Sunday afternoon, on my way to the Museum of Fine Arts.  I thought it must include the children who were killed in Aurora, Colorado that week...

But then this is what it said as I was walking home later that afternoon...


Here is what it said this morning, as I was walking over to Fenway Health for our meeting...

And this is what it said this afternoon... If you're counting, that's 32 kids killed by guns since some time last week... that is an unbearable reality.

1 comment:

  1. I have nothing to say...just so sad. Ginny

    ReplyDelete