Wednesday, August 8, 2012

In a VAN down by the RIVER

I don't have a lot of time, so I'll try to be quick.

I'm supposed to be working on my presentation for Friday afternoon - the last day of the Summer Institute.  I'll be glad to be going home, but I'm also starting to feel sentimental...

Here are some HDR images I shot on the river tonight at sunset. The river and the close proximity to the ocean are two things I will definitely miss about Boston. The pollution and garbage and smells I will NOT miss.


It's impossible to get the whole skyline in my 17-55 lens, so I took it in pieces...


I liked this shot so much, I solarized it, too:

 

Last week, I walked from the BU medical library over to Fenway health, and I took the opportunity to take a photo safari:

In the historic south end of Boston, sometimes you find little fountains in the middle of the street

I'm pretty sure that when these guys were adopted as watchdogs, the homeowner imagined this as a more active role...

 Just one of the fabulous views as you stroll around the south end.

 I did find an HIV prevention center... good to know... I love this poster

 Appropriately named :-)

So many little beautiful details in the architecture here


I have walked through the Fens multiple times, and I never get tired of it.  I really appreciate that there are big green spaces here, but I especially love the water


 ANOTHER picturesque street... enough already!


And finally I arrive at my destination, the mother ship of LGBT health :-)




3 comments:

  1. Hilariously GREAT post! Love the 'watch dog's comment. Nice use of solarization on the cityscape too. You've captured some interesting little nuances of the Boston area - spots that we tourists of only a day or three often never get to see. Yay for the urban photo safari!
    ~ mgp

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Protect your package." Very cute.

    Love,
    Your friends in a van down by the river

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it particularly appropriate since we are studying LGBT population health here at Fenway, and a lot of the work we are discussing is related to HIV prevention

    ReplyDelete